January 18, 2012

The Best Teammate

My fiancee Lindsey is the best teammate I've ever had. She calms me down when my chili's been running hot. She asks me if I want a beer every time she gets up (which is pretty damn romantic to me!). She listens to my ideas and gives me strong feedback. Hell, her input makes my stories better. She says my backrubs are good when I know they suck. Cliches be damned, she makes me a better person.

Sometimes, she declares her intention to make a cake. Out of left field she'll say, "I think I'm going to make a cake for _____". This is one of my favorite sentences I hear her say. I converted her into a fan of hockey & professional wrestling. She loves Geno and hates The Miz. Her laugh is loud and her punches hurt after the twelfth one.

We went to Wrestlemania 27 last year in Atlanta, Georgia. During the Undertaker/Triple H match, she stood up on her toes and shouted in my ear, "This is awesome!", then kissed me on the cheek. It only gets better everyday.

1 comment: