February 1, 2012

Gambling & Sports: Winning Combination

Last Sunday was the beginning of two important (well, important to me anyway) things. It was WWE's Royal Rumble, the starting point to the Road to Wrestlemania. The Royal Rumble is a 30-man match were wrestlers enter at two minute intervals and are eliminated only by being thrown over the top rope. The winner gets to wrestle in the main event of Wrestlemania. The Rumble is pure fun and excitement, but my buddies & I found a way to make it even better.

All you have to do is put money on line.

I credit Ziggy & I for the creation of the Rumble Raffle. We decided to have every one (him, I, our buddies KJ & TJ, my cousin Zack, sister Katherine, and me own mother) put five bucks into a pot and draw three random numbers. If the winner of the Royal Rumble coincides with one of your numbers . . . you win the pot! because there weren't enough of us to pick all thrity numbers, we'd all get our five dollars back if the winner was one of them. Simple gambling at its best!

Thats what makes sports gambling so fun. It gives you a extra thing to care about. To worry over. To hope agianst or for. It hurt when one of my numbers was a guy who clearly wasn't going to win the Rumble. My cousin and sister don't even watch wrestling and they had a blast. Put money up, and you'll care about anything. One time, I went to a Pirates game & a couple rows in front of me where four guys placing two dollar bets on which pierogie would win the race.

So I'd advise all of you to start betting your life's savings on anything with a ball or puck. Go on! Do it! You got nothing to lose . . . kinda . . . I lost the Raffle. My buddy KJ won $35. 

No comments:

Post a Comment