March 12, 2012

Fantasy Sports

There is nothing more staisfying for a diehard, hardcore sports fan than to mock run their own team. This is the niche for fantasy sports of every kind. Football is the undisputed champion of fantasy playership, but baseball is also extremely popular. Me, I play everything. My favorites are hockey and baseball and I'd like to think I do well (won five championships, but who's bragging? Go on, don't act like you're not impressed). But for how much joy and vindication fantasy sports can provide, it also serves humble pie and crow by the metric-ton. For example, my basketball team this year. I have a wonderful blend of veterns and young guns. Their stats last year made me confident that I'd corner the market on assits and rebounds . . . but I completely suck. This team completely sucks. No matter what waiver wire pickup I make or roster changes I perform, I cannot win this year. I'm currently sixth out of eight teams. And that's why I play, too assure myself that I don't know as much as I think. Do you guys have moments like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment