March 14, 2012

Past & Present Obsessions

This is a stretch. A big stretch. Like doing a complete split at first-base to snag the third-baseman's horrible throw.

Present - NASCAR


Past - The Gilmore Girls



I loved that show. Like clockwork, I would turn on ABC Family at five o'clock and dive into my softer side for an hour. It became such a routine that my dogs would get exicted when the theme song played as they knew it was time for dinner. Luke was my favorite character followed closely by Richard & Jackson. My hatred for Paris still burns my heart. I felt the writers ruined Lorelia's character towards the end & Rory's best boyfriend was Jess. Hell, my first day of spring break was spent with a friend watching our favorite episodes on her complete DVD collection.

How does NASCAR relate to a episodic click-flick? My mind feels like a blown engine coughing up oil and smoke onto the track just thinking about connections. I don't know . . . maybe the fast-paced dialogue of Lorelia & Rory matches the near 200mph speeds the drivers reach? The natural drama of a sporting event coincides with the drama of family & relationships? Both make me laugh. Both entertain me. Maybe they're a package deal? Each one speaks to two separate sides of my idiotic brain, hence making me a well-rounded individual.

Naw!

1 comment: